Under 12 Hours - Making a Valentine's Day Themed Horror Game

*2/17/2020 Final Build is currently in the works
Download on
itch.io
GameJolt

The gut feeling that tells me to do this.
Tuesday, February 11th. Valentine's Day is in three days on Friday. Should I do it? Let's do it. I work a 9-5 job, so that gave me so few hours after work to build the game. That aside and the few other things that keep me busy in the evening, gives me at best 12 hours to make this game. How do I do it? Cliche, short, simple, and bare-to-the-bones RTP set. Welcome to the Love Throne Six Nine Motel.

Why did I do this?
It's been a long while since I made a game, and as a YouTuber, creating a game development video has been one of my goals for this year. Valentine's Day isn't the typical holiday for horror, so that gave me motivation. Was it fun? Heck yeah it was fun! Just watch the video below!




The Game
Murder at the Love Throne Six Nine Motel - A Valentine's Day Mystery Murder

"On the 14th of February, couples have been attacked in the past five years. Today marks the sixth year since the string of seven murder victims. However, I am hot on his trail! I have deduced his crimes to take place in love motels, where couples are known to... 'Make Out.' First, I must figure out which town's motel. Then, I must save the lives from under the knife of the killer! For the love of burning and passionate lips, I, Detective Heart will save you! If not, then this sixth year will total nine victims to the Valentine's Day Killer."

As Detective Hearts, you must interview the owner of the Love Throne Six Nine Motel to gather information of the Motel's guests. Using that and basing the patterns of how the killer chose his victims, you must intrude on the couple, catch the killer, and save the lives of the innocent.

This game features 1 Great Ending, 1 Good Ending, and 2 Bad Endings.
Length of time: 15-30 minutes for all endings.


 





Word from the Creator
I'm sure you figured it out already, but this is not a serious game. It is a satire with tons of sarcasm and witty comments thrown about here & there. It's not my typical style, but I think the complete 360 from the more serious-toned games that I enjoy making, made the development of this game tons of fun.

Game notes from the video
Curious on the game notes that I made in the video? You can check out the full thing (click) here.

Download on
itch.io
GameJolt

Comments